This image cannot be used commercially
The Original Midland Railway Station
Chesterfield Photographic society
About this image
This was Chesterfield's first railway station, built for the North Midland Railway Company, designed by Francis Thompson; architect to the company 1835-1841. (see DCCC000697). The station had canopies added c 1860 but was demolished around 1875 to be replaced by a larger building.