This image cannot be used commercially
High Street, Chesterfield
Chesterfield Photographic Society
About this image
See also DCCC000887. Looking from Burlington street towards the Market Place. Showing the electric tramway. The track was laid from the Brampton Terminus to Whittington Moor through the High Street, Cavendish Street, Holywell Street and Sheffield Road as a result of the 1904 Act allowing new electric tramways to be built. There were 12 tramcars (chocolate and yellow livery) with 6 more added by 1914. They were replaced by trolley buses in 1927.