This image can be used commercially
The first Midland Railway Station
About this image
This was Chesterfield's first railway station, built for the North Midland Railway Company, designed by Francis Thompson; architect to the company 1835-1841. The station had canopies added c 1860 (see DCCC000910) but was demolished around 1875 to be replaced by a larger building. The original lithograph by S Russell is in Harvard University Library.