This image cannot be used commercially
Junction of Newbold Village and Littlemoor, Newbold, Chesterfield, 1908
Chesterfield Photographic Society
Nadin, C H
About this image
Looking north-west along Newbold Village with Littlemoor joining from the right. The Wheatsheaf public house is on the right.
As the name suggests, the section of road known as Newbold Village was the location of the original settlement before the area became a suburb of Chesterfield after the Second World War. The Wheatsheaf survived this transition, albeit in rebuilt form and set further back from the road.