About this image
This was the third Wesleyan Church in Bolsover. Twelve memorial stones were laid on 8 July 1896 by Mrs Antcliff, Mr Atkinson (for Mr Bennett of York in memory of his parents), Miss College, Miss Glover, Mrs Houfton, Mr Hovey, Mr Sykes (for his grandchildren), Mr A C Sykes, Mrs Thompson, Mrs Thornley, Mr W H Turner and Mrs Warlow. The opening ceremony took place on 8th September 1897. The preacher was W L Watkinson, President of Conference, the cost of the church with vestries was £3,500 and the architect Mr John Wills of Derby.