This image cannot be used commercially
8 Broad Street, Long Eaton, c 1890s-1910s
Buxton Museum and Art Gallery
About this image
Apart from the railings, the house looks exactly the same to this day (2009). It was built in 1912 for Harry Johnson, a Long Eaton coal merchant to the designs of Arnold Placket, a Long Eaton architect. There was stabling for two horses at the rear and a carriage house. For many years the house was the home of Lionel Austin who was the owner of Austins confectioners, a landmark shop in Long Eaton Market Place.