This image can be used commercially
The Crescent and the Pump Room, Buxton, c 1955
About this image
The Spa development began in Buxton in 1779, when the 5th Duke of Devonshire planned to create a second Bath. The Pump Room (seen here far right), situated opposite the Georgian Crescent, was built in 1894 by Currey, who also constructed the Thermal and Natural Baths in the town. There were two domes on the pavilions which were removed in 1937.