This image can be used commercially
St Peter's Church, Church Street, Belper, c 1910
W A Morley
About this image
St Peter's was built in 1824, one of the government funded 'commissioners' churches' built in rapidly growing industrial areas. It replaced the much smaller St John's Chapel at the Butts. The pinnacles were unsafe and removed in 1949.
Here the church is covered in ivy which has since long gone.