About this image
This view is looking down Bridgefoot towards the mill. The Jubilee Clock Tower, on West Mill was erected in 1898 to commemorate Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee of 1897. See also DCAV000478 and DCAV000480. It was demolished in 1962 along with the rest of West Mills and was a great loss to the Belper skyline.
The clock mechanism is now at Upton Hall Horological Museum, Newark; and the bell (note: G Sharp) is under the North Mill staircase.
The round mill, demolished in 1959, is on the extreme left and the footbridge connecting the mill complex dates from 1795 and incorporates anti-luddite gun embrasures.
Postcard is an A.P. and Co., Artistic Series reference: 128.