This image cannot be used commercially
School Staff of Ripley County Junior Girls School, 1951
Mrs A Webster
Shirley Road / School Lane
About this image
The school was opposite Crossley Park but was known as Shirley Road School. 'School Lane' was not given the name until the school gradually closed and was finally replaced by houses in the 1980s. Pictured are back row left to right: Mrs M Gratrix, Miss A Parker, Miss M Murfin, Mrs W Handbury, Miss V Walker, Mrs F Parkin; front row: Miss E Beland (Deputy Head), Miss E Davenport, Miss Marion Turner (Headmistress), Mrs J Waite.