This image cannot be used commercially
Crispin Inn, Church Street, Ashover, c 1920s
About this image
Tiles now replace the thatched roof. The part of the building shown is early 17th century. The sign board appeared on the pub around 1924-25 following the publication of CE Lugard's Saints and Sinners of Ashover. Possibly named after St Crispin - Patron Saint of shoe, Saddle and Harness, the building was once occupied by a cobblers shop. The Inn was thought to have been licensed in 1416.