This image can be used commercially
Shore's Steam Mill and Windmill
Shore's Steam Mill
About this image
This view was possibly taken from Brook Street. The windmill was built in the early 1790's, with four sails. The steam mill was built by Isaac and Joseph Shore in about 1840. Much later they added a water-wheel drive. In 1850 the Shore's purchased the windmill and took up residence in Heage Hall. In February 1894, a storm tore the cap and sails from the windmill, after which it was rebuilt with six sails.