This image can be used commercially
The Old Smithy, Nottingham Road, Ripley
About this image
This was later the site of the Co-op food hall. The building had been a dissenter's chapel, and prior to being a smithy was used by G C Ogle and Sons. The Ripley Advertiser for 24 April 1891 has a notice that Mr John Wood was moving his business from the Red Lion Yard to 'the Old Boiler Shop'. In 1910 the building was demolished to make way for the Electra Theatre, and the shoeing business continued in the Three Horse Shoes yard.