This image can be used commercially
Heage windmill and windmill house
Dungeley Hill windmill
About this image
The windmill, which was originally constructed in the 1790's, was rebuilt by George Chell, but with 6 sails instead of 4 to increase the power after a storm devastated the building in 1894. The windmill was again struck by lightning in 1961. A preservation order was placed upon the mill in 1966 by Derbyshire County Council, now a Grade 2 listed building. Thanks to a Heritage Lottery Grant the windmill was restored and in working order in 2002, and is cared for by the Heage Windmill Society. This view shows the windmill before restoration.