This image can be used commercially
Hammersmith, showing the double bridge in the distance
Derbyshire County Council
c 1930's -70's ?
About this image
The upper part of the double bridge carried the main railway line from Butterley to Ripley, and the mineral line from Brittain pit to Butterley Company. The lower part of the double bridge was a walk through to Cromford Canal. In 1976 the top part was demolished and the bottom part filled in to make way for Ripley by-pass.