This image cannot be used commercially
Underwood depot showing buses from Midland General Omnibus Company
c 1950s ?
Alfreton Road, Underwood
About this image
The numberplate of the bus in the foreground reads DNU 956. It is an AEC Regent carrying a Weymann body purchased new by Midland General. DNU 956 (Number 9) was one of twenty five identical AEC Regent/Weymann double deckers purchased in 1937. a numer of similar vehicles were also purchased by Trent. From the other buses in the picture, it's thought this photo dates from no earlier than 1955. On the left is visible the rear of a Bristol Lodekka and the single decker behind the AEC looks like a Bristol LS. According to Alan Oxley's book, neither of these entered service until 1954/5.