This image cannot be used commercially
View of Belper Mills showing the Jubilee Clock Tower, Bridge Street, Belper, 1904
Belper Historical Society
Bridgefoot and Bridge Street
About this image
The photograph was taken from The Triangle on Bridge Street looking down Bridgefoot towards the mill.
The second building on the right hand side of the photograph is Bridge House, where Miss Calder, of Bridge House School, lived. The school room was in the basement of the South Mill which is the tall building in the picture behind Bridge House.
A book entitled 'Miss Calder's Children' by Narvel S. Annable details life at the school during her teaching career. The house was demolished in 1938.
The Jubilee Clock Tower was erected in 1898 to commemorate Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee. See also DCAV000478.