About this image
First built in 1671-1680 and remodelled from 1790-1800. The house was originally constructed for Richard, son of Richard Clayton of Codnor Breach who died in 1697 and his wife Alice. It was also the home of Thomas Farnsworth before the great war, and in the 1920s Col. H. J. A. Banks, followed by S. Camplion Wright and Capt. T. G. Laurie MC, and was latterly the home of Mr & Mrs Lloyd. It was sold in 1982 for £68,000 to a Mr & Mrs Philips.