About this image
The Three Tuns Inn was located on Low Pavement by Chesterfield Market Place on the site of the pedestrian walkway from the Market to the Library and the Pavements Shopping Precinct, between what is now (2016) Boots and McDonalds. The building was demolished in 1914 to make way for the construction of Tontine Road.
The image is taken from the front of a business card found in a family album. See PTPD005740 for the back of the card. Charles Haywood (1853 - 1934) appears on the 1911 census as the Licensed Victualler of the Three Tuns. Note the difference in the surname on the card and the actual picture of the pub.
Image and additional information very kindly supplied by George Freeman.
Please be aware that this image may not reproduce well at anything larger than postcard size.