About this image
This view shows the Parish Church (All Saints) . There was a Saxon church in Bakewell in 920 and the churchyard is home to two 9th century Saxon crosses. The present church dates to the 12th century but only the west front and part of the north and south arcades of the nave survive from this period. The rest was built from 1220-40, with the spire added in 1340. The church was drastically renovated in 1840 - the spire, which was in danger of collapse, was completely rebuilt along with the central portion of the church.