About this image
This is a view of the remains of the chimney taken two years after the demolition was completed. East Mill was built by Jedediah Strutt in 1912. The massive red brick, 7 storey East Mill dominated the town. It closed as a mill in the late 20th century and now houses a number of small industrial units, but still remains largely empty.