About this image
Snitterton Hall dates to the Elizabethan period and has a symmetrical front with gabled and crenellations. The garden wall in the foreground has an arched opening and square pavilions or summer houses at either end. The remains of a moat behind the Manor House suggest that the building began life as a Medieval manor house, owned by the Snittertons and then their successors, the Sacheverall's. In 1596 the hall was sold and, after several owners, was bought by John Milward. It is thought that he built much of the hall as we see it today. Milward was well-connected, ambitious and styled his house to reflect this. Constructed from Ashover Grit from Oaker Hill which lies half a mile to the north of the house.
See http://www.derbyshireheritage.co.uk/Menu/Buildings/Halls/Snitterton-Hall.php for further information in the hall.
Please note, this image looks like it might have been reversed as the outbuildings lie to the left of the hall and arch when viewed from the south, not the right.