About this image
Rockside Hydro offered Hydro-therapy as well as Tennis (dry and grass) Courts. Bowling and Croquet Lawns. Rock Side Hydropathic Establishment was erected by Mr Charles Rowland, in 1862, and subsequently considerably enlarged. It was situated further up the hill from Smedley's Hydro at a height of 800 feet above the sea level, and could be reached conveniently and comfortably by the cable tram. It later became part of Matlock Teacher Training College, and has now been developed into apartments.