About this image
Empire Hotel, The Park, Buxton, c 1930, before its demolition in 1964. It was built between 1901-3 by Spiers and Pond, designed by Thomas Garner. It was used as an annex to the Granville Military Hospital in WW1 and as a discharge depot for Canadian troops after WW2. It was used by squatters before its demolition in 1964.