This image can be used commercially
High Peak Hunt, Flagg, 1930s/1940s ?
From collection of F H Brindley
Brindley, F H
About this image
The hounds and huntsmen of the High Peak Hunt gathered at the entrance to Flagg Hall.
The Hall is a 16th century manor house but has for long operated as a working farm and it can be seen here that at the date of this photo the original driveway was disused. Indeed the right-hand gate pier has lost its ball finial; by 2011 the left-hand one had also gone missing, along with the supporting plinth for its counterpart, although ironically the driveway was by then back in use.
The High Peak Hunt was established in 1848 by a Mr Thornhill of Stanton-in-the-Peak and its territory lies between Bakewell, Buxton and Ashbourne.