This image can be used commercially
Redmires Reservoirs during drought, 1930s ?
From collection of F H Brindley
Brindley, F H (Sheffield and District News Pictures, 973 Abbeydale Road)
About this image
The Redmires Reservoirs are a group of three reservoirs near Fulwood on the eastern fringe of Sheffield. They are fed from the Hallam Moors by various small streams including Fairthorn Clough. The three reservoirs are named Upper, Middle and Lower and date from 1836, being constructed to provide clean drinking water following the Sheffield cholera epidemic of 1832.
This appears to be the Upper reservoir, in which case the view is looking north-east towards the dam. The date could be 1933 but this is unconfirmed.
The photographer titled this view 'Serious shortage of Water for Sheffield' and 'Care with Water please Sheffield', adding 'Photo shows Redmires Dam, supplies higher parts of City.'