This image can be used commercially
Roundhouse and Phoenix Brickworks, Barrow Hill, near Staveley, 1994
Barrow Hill roundhouse and brickworks
About this image
Barrow Hill Roundhouse is Britain's last surviving, operational roundhouse. Before 1948 it was known as Staveley Roundhouse and Train Centre.
The chimneys were part of the Phoenix Brick Company Ltd, the works having been built originally by the Staveley Coal and Iron Company and were a local landmark. The brickworks was closed in 2012 and the chimneys demolished about a year later.