This image can be used commercially
Miss Goddards House, Market Street, Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire, c 1937
About this image
Market Street taken from the junction with Rowton Grange Road. The buildings with the Ovaltine poster were originally probably stables for the royal oak next door. At that time it was a taxi garage called Park Hire and was owned by Mr Frank Longson. The buildings have now been converted into cottages. Across the road from the left - District bank and Mr William Hibert's shop selling sweets and doing bicycle repairs. Mr Hibbert from a family of campanologists at the parish church and the tradition still carries on today. Across the road is Miss Goddard's house which together with Mr Hibbert's shop is a Bank.