This image can be used commercially
Canon William R Hewson of Parish Church, Eckington, c 1900s
Mr A Kirkham
c 1900s - 1920s
About this image
Canon William R Hewson was Rector of the Eckington Parish from 1902 until the mid-1930s.
The parish church of St Peter and St Paul dates from the year 1100 and is of exceptional architectural interest, still retaining the original Norman doorway. In a field at the back of the church, near the river Moss stands the Priest s Well where the parish priest used to draw water for the needs of the church. Up to the 1930s gipsies used the field as a winter camp drawing water from the well for all their needs. Close to the church is the rectory, a late Georgian house with Venetian windows.
Extracted from http://www.derbyshireuk.net/eckington.html