About this image
This was built in a neo-classical style in 1875. After the chapel closed it was used as 'Penny Hydraulics, owned by Mr John Penny of Stead Street. Eckington Preservation Group tried to get the building 'Listed', but were unsuccessful. This architecturally interesting building, with its ornate Corinthian capitals and polished stone columns, entablature with dental cornice, portico and parapet was sadly demolished in 1977.