This image cannot be used commercially
The Pastures, Littleover, Derby, c 1920s?
A P Knighton
c 1920s ?
About this image
View of the lake in the grounds of The Pastures, Littleover. The house began as a small villa in c 1790 and was rebuilt and extended in 1806 by Richard Leaper (1756-1853), an architect and four times Mayor of Derby, for the Peels. The Pastures was extended again in c 1890 for Walter Boden the lace manufacturer. The house became a hospital after the war and then a Nurses' training centre and is now a Grammar School. Very little of the parkland or gardens remains today as the area around the house has gradually been developed into the new suburb of Heatherton.