This image cannot be used commercially
Railway Associated City Band, Nottingham
A P Knighton
About this image
The photo is taken at the Midland Railway loco shed (Shed No18 in BR days 16A) between No3 shed and the main and goods lines from Nottm to Derby. The building at the rear is the Outdoor Machinery Department (OMD). The building also housed the hydraulic pumps that operated the station lifts. At the other end of the OMD was a power station which closed around 1928. Both buildings had their internal walls white tiled. To the left of the OMD is the Grain Warehouse this was located between Wilford Road bridge and Carrington Street bridge and was also served by the canal spur which ran under the building.