This image cannot be used commercially
Bramcote Hall, Bramcote, c 1910 ?
A P Knighton
c 1910 ?
About this image
Bramcote Hall looking north-east.
A house existed on this site prior to 1832 but most if not all of the red brick building seen here dated from its ownership by Nottingham banker and North Nottinghamshire MP Frederick Chatfield Smith (known as 'Banker Smith'), who purchased the property in the 1860s.
In 1921 the Hall was acquired by Trent College and used as a preparatory school, before passing to Nottingham University in 1965. The University planned to develop the site as a postgraduate centre but the house was damaged by fire, became derelict and was then demolished around 1966-68. By 2015 the site was largely overgrown but some of the terracing seen in this view remained in situ.