This image cannot be used commercially
St James Parish Church, Shardlow
A P Knighton
Old London Road
About this image
St James Parish church was built in 1838 in a perpendicular revival style designed by H J Stevens (who didn't like the finished result!). The land and most of the funds of £6000 were donated by the Sutton family of Shardlow Hall. It was consecrated by the Lord Bishop of Ripon on 8 April 1839.