This image cannot be used commercially
Ironstone for use at Staveley Coal and Iron Company, Ironstone Mines, Cranford c 1930s
About this image
Ruston and Hornsby 20 ton steam shovel N0798 built in 1924 lading calcined stone at Cranford, some five miles east of Kettering. Cranford supplied stone mostly to Staveley, but also to other ironworks. The site pictured was worked 1899-1938 and 1943-1969.