This image can be used commercially
Entrance Hall, Thornbridge Hall, Great Longstone, c 1930s?
About this image
Thornbridge Hall, is a Georgian T shaped house, extensively altered in 1871 and several times again during the following 50 years. It has a grand hall with a double flight staircase c 1910 with Morris and Co windows by Burne-jones. In private hands till the mid 20th century, mostly under the ownership of Charles Boot, the founder of the Sheffield based contracting company, it became a teacher training college in 1940's, then a multi purpose educational centre , a conference centre, and is now privately owned again and used to some extent as an exclusive antiques sales shop. It contains woodwork from Derwent Hall and Church. The garden contains large amounts of statuary acquired by Charles Boot. It is a grade 11 listed building.