This image can be used commercially
St John the Baptist Parish Church, Church Street, Staveley, c 1964
D J Wickins
About this image
The Church of St John dates from the 13th Century. The north aisle was added in 1865-9 by Sir George Gilbert Scott. The church holds many monuments and tombs of the Frecheville Family, the local lords of the manor.
Much of the building is of Norman origin and only fragments of the church at the time of the Doomsday survey have survived.