This image can be used commercially
Darley Park and Hall, c 1955
About this image
Darley Hall (not to be confused with Darley House) was built 1723-25 by Francis Smith of Warwick for William Woolley the local historian. It was remodelled in 1778 by Joseph Pickford for Robert Holden. The Evans family came in 1835, giving the house to Derby Corporation in 1929. It housed Derby Central School c 1930-58 and was demolished in 1962. The park has been open to the public since the 1880s.