About this image
Barber's Rowe is an isolated row of cottages at the crossroads on Sheffield Road near the Blacksmith's and Prince Of Wales public houses. The inscription on the memorial reads: 'For God for King for Empire. In everlasting memory of the men of Barbers Row who fell in the Great War 1914 - 1919. Pte. R Hughes ASC, Pte J T Maxfield, D of W W R Regt., Pte. R Parr, Notts and Derby. They were a wall unto us both by night & day 1Sam XXV -16. This tablet was erected by the parishioners.'