This image can be used commercially
Beehive Limekilns, Bullbridge
About this image
The remains of the Beehive Limekilns at Bullbridge, near Crich. The kilns belonged to the Butterley Company until 1933. The company was founded at Ripley in 1790 and was the largest coal, iron and engineering concern in the East Midlands for many years. Beehive lime kilns are usually used in the production of lump lime for use both in construction and agriculture.