About this image
The Pears Memorial Hall, Repton School. The school was built on the site of an old priory, founded in Repton about 1172. The school was established under the will of Sir John Port of Etwall in 1557. The priory arch and the west wing of the cloister court now form the entrance to the school. Dr Pears was headmaster of Repton School between 1854-74, during which time the school grew in fame and reputation as well as physically. This hall was built by Sir Arthur Blomfield between 1883 and 1886 to commemorate him.