This image cannot be used commercially
Individual treatment bath, Thermal Baths, The Crescent, Buxton, c 1920
Board, J R
About this image
This picture shows a Buxton Douche Bath, a shallow bath of copper, coated with white metal.
The Spa development began in Buxton in 1779, when the 5th Duke of Devonshire planned to create a second Bath.
The Thermal Baths were built c 1853 by H Currey and closed in September 1963.