This image can be used commercially
The New Theatre, Lord Haddon Road, 1964
Lord Haddon Road
About this image
Showing The New Theatre. Ilkeston's first purpose built theatre had been built here, a victorian structure replacing an earlier wooden structure on Rutland Street. The building was subsequently Vint's Electric Picturedrome (1911-16); The Coliseum (1916-27); The Theatre Royal (1927-30) and then replaced by the New Theatre (1931-63) which is art Deco building. After 1963 it was used as a Bingo Hall until 1982. After this it was used as a religious building and a carpet warehouse. It was demolished in 1990 and replaced by a nursing home.