This image can be used commercially
Aerial view of the Market Street area, Ilkeston, looking south towards Stanton Iron Works
About this image
Looking from the tower of St Mary's Church, showing the Market Street factory built for C and F Sudbury in 1881-2 and latterly occupied by Rutland Garments. Beyond this is the crowned top of the Catholic Church. In the distance is the huge spread of Stanton Iron Works. The photographer has used a telephoto lens which has had the usual telephoto effect of foreshortening the scene and making things which are far away in the distance seem much closer than they actually are.