About this image
Viewed from the north, from Heanor Road overbridge. The nearest platform was used for Heanor branch trains until the 1930's. The station was opened on 1 April 1878 by the Great Northern Railway, as part of the Derbyshire and Staffordshire extension. It was closed for passengers on 7 September 1964 and for goods on 3 June 1968. This view shows a close-up of the platform footbridge, from Heanor Road overbridge.