This image can be used commercially
Cockayne's Bridge over the Derby Canal
c 1925 ?
About this image
Also known as Longmore Bridge, it carried Longmore Lane over the Derby Canal. The picture shows the old bridge looking from the NE shortly before its demolition in 1925. The neighbourhood was part of Sandiacre until the early 1920's, when the boundary with Long Eaton was altered to run along the north bank of the canal (right hand side of the picture).