This image can be used commercially
Long Eaton Cemetery Mortuary Chapel
c 1900-1905 ?
About this image
The municipal cemetery developed as a response to the increase in population of the town during the Victorian period. Long Eaton Cemetery accepted its first burial in 1884 and was finally closed to new burials in 1998. (There is still room for ashes interments and burials in existing graves.) It has a grade II listed mortuary chapel building which can be seen here, viewed from the NNE. The mortuary can just be seen on the far left. Note that the small gravestones and wreaths are protected by glass covers.