This image can be used commercially
Great Northern Railway Station, Ilkeston
About this image
View south west from footbridge between Derby platform (left) and Nottingham platform (right). The G.N.R. Nottingham-Derby (Friargate) line opened in 1878. Passenger services ceased on 7 September 1964 and goods services on 3 June 1968. The Station was demolished shortly afterwards, and the ground lay as wasteland for years. It is now the site of the new Police Station and 'Old Station Health Centre'.