This image can be used commercially
World War 2 pillbox, at the bridge over the Erewash Canal, Gallows Inn
Mr L Wood
c 1939-45 ?
About this image
The building on the left is the Horse and Groom Public House, as rebuilt in the 1930's, with Grange Wood on Trowell Hills in the background. The pill-box would be in a strategic place here as it is at the borders of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. The name 'pillbox' derives from the shape of the small containers used to carry medicinal pills.