This image can be used commercially
Sigee's Nursery and Christ Church, Church Street, Cotmanhay, Ilkeston
Mr L Wood
137 Church Street
About this image
The business started around 1900 on Charlotte Street, and is believed to have moved to Church Street in 1927. See also DCER000224. Christ Church was The Church of England Parish Church for Cotmanhay and Shipley, built in 1848. The architect was Henry Isaac Stevens. The church was stone with lancet windows and a polygonal bell turret. Demolished in 1987 following mining subsistence damage.